Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 4-- Drums

As I speak my boyfriend Kip is teaching himself how to play drums. He is actually getting pretty good, a lot better from a few weeks ago. Maybe I should pick up an instrument. My Dad bought me a bass guitar for my 17th birthday and I only know how to play "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple...so...so...SO cliche' right?

Anyway.
My diet is going well, I'm counting calories and I'm not really craving anything (expect for Diet Coke...ugh.) I did however weigh myself this morning and I gained a pound. I know its not THAT big of a deal, but I've been working my butt off all week...and to gain a pound is kind of disappointing. Now I feel so convicted when I eat something, even if its healthy for me and goes a long with my diet plan (my diet plan being no sugar, carbs, fat, and eating right at or under 1600 calories a day). Its something I have to get over though, starving yourself I've learned is the worst way to lose. I'm thinking about picking up some Slim-Fast though. Any thoughts on that?

I just started lifting weights, I have to tone up my skin and muscles so everything doesn't start to sag. I had a horrible dream the other night that I lost all of this weight and the after effect was a ton of flabby, fatty, gross skin (that talked...by the way...I have very weird dreams).

7 comments:

  1. have you thought about doing a healthy smoothie instead of slimfast? fresh fruits like mangoes and pineapples, oat meal (great for lowering cholesterol) plain yogurt and ice. My mom always does weight loss boot camps when I stay with him and they do actually work well in conjunction with walking. I lost 30lbs in 26 days I'm just incredibly undisciplined =( are you taking vitamins btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. taking vitamins. smoothies sound SOOO much better than slim fast. I'll def have to try that out!
    30 pounds in 26 days! that's amazing! congrats! i'm very undisciplined myself, that's probably why its taken me sooo long to realize i need to lose this weight.
    thanks for the tips! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dani,you may be gaining muscle weight :D also, if you do smoothies try adding spinach! it alters the color but not the taste and is amazing for you! check out greenmonstermovement dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jen- i totally didn't think that about gaining muscle weight. i guess that's good? thanksss for the link =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you too!!! and you're dreams aren't weird btw you just have some anxiety but everything's going to be ok =)

    ReplyDelete